Friday, January 09, 2009

Quotes

I'm addicted to quote. I don't know why, but I always love to read quote. These are my favorite quote I've read in Goodreads:

"Something that is yours forever is never precious." -Chaim Potok


"What's meant to be will always find a way" — Trisha Yearwood

"I am not sure exactly what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us, he will not ask, 'How many good things have you done in your life?' rather he will ask, 'How much love did you put into what you did?' "
Mother Teresa

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind."
William Shakespeare

*surprisingly William Shakespeare quoted this one! I've been telling this one to that person again and again, but it seems that person won't buy it (sigh)*

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book."
Groucho Marx

*huahahhahah. It sounds like me*

"Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car."
Garrison Keillor

*another satire quote... btw did you notice that satire is my writing style? I think I found it very appealing which made a big impact to my writing style since... I can't remember. Maybe since I started writing. Which is long, long ago*

"Everything you can imagine is real."
Pablo Picasso

*that's why I'm a dreamer. A big one, actually (big grin)*

"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid."
Jane Austen (Northanger Abbey)

*it does make me smile though it's not really true. Intelligence isn't only about knowledge of understanding literature. How about ability of cooking, then? (which is, frankly speaking, I don't have at all)*

"I love mankind, it's people I can't stand."
Charles M. Schulz

*wide smile*

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four people is suffering from a mental illness. Look at your 3 best friends. If they're ok, then it's you."
Rita Mae Brown

*no! is it???*

"Creativity is knowing how to hide your sources"
Albert Einstein

*haha. So, all of you who used to think I'm creative, now you know the truth. I was just lucky enough to have the ability to hide my sources (innocent wink)*

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."
Oscar Levant

*ha! Now I'm perfectly fine with you calling me insane anytime you feel you want to*

"I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours."
Jerome K. Jerome

*hey, it sounds familiar to my sleepless night, near the deadline of that countless article... Gosh, I never thought I'd miss that moment this much*

"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."
Lemony Snicket

*It's so true... now, why do we go to that restaurant??? I want my old, lovely Pizza Hut*

"I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early."
Charles Lamb

*haha. Anyone interested to hire him?*

"Writing is easy. You only need to stare at a blank piece of paper until your forehead bleeds."
Douglas Adams

*gosh, you understand me a lot. That's exactly the reason why this blog is abandoned... few times*

"Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man ... living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money."
George Carlin

*well. Somehow it's true*

and this one is the best...

"If you could have everything you wanted....where would you put it?"
Steven Wright


No comments: